Everyone has car troubles once in a while, but what if you can avoid them? All this is possible with the help of regular maintenance and by taking some simple measures. That is why in this blog, we have compiled a list of advice collected from our car experts that will help you run your vehicle for a long time without much trouble and avoid selling your vehicle cash for cars.
1. Drive your car with extra care during the break-in period
After purchasing a new car, it’s natural to want to keep the vehicle in top condition for a long time. So here are some tips for applying during the early days of the new car:
- For the first 1000 miles, avoid speeding up to any speed above 55mph and just stay within the speed limit recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not let your car be idle for an extended period of time, especially in the beginning. Because the vehicle hasn’t been driven much, there won’t be enough oil pressure to send oil to all engine parts. So regularly run the car for the first few months of purchase.
- Use medium to light acceleration, and for the first few hours of driving, keep the RPMs below 3000.
2. Ride the car with care even after the break-in period
Break-in periods are not the only time you should be considerate of your car. By regularly driving with care, you can improve the performance of your car and go a long period without repairs.
- It’s better to accelerate your car slowly when beginning your drive.
- Say no to warming the engine while staying idle in the driveway. This is not the smart way as it will lead to incomplete combustion and can cause soot to form on cylinder walls, oil contamination, and will damage engine components.
- Shift to neutral when waiting at a red light. This puts less strain on the engine because a neutral engine doesn’t have to keep working to push the car.
- Carefully drive to extends the life of your tyres. Avoiding potholes, fast starts, sudden breaks, and tricky turns is a good start.
3. Don’t fill up your tank if you see a gasoline tanker.
If you see a gasoline tanker ready to fill the tank of your gas station, you have two options, either go there another day or visit a different gas station altogether. During the filling process, due to turbulence, the sediments at the bottom of the tanker can stir up. And if these sediments get in your car’s tanker, it can lead to fuel filters and fuel injectors clogged up. Again, leading to poor performance and possible repairs.
4. Extend the life of your ignition switch by using lighter keychains
Is your keychain loaded with five keys and more? If so, this can lead to a problem in the long run. The weight of the keychain plus the constant bouncing of the vehicle while driving can lead to ignition switch failure. However, you can add years to the life of your ignition switch by separating your car key from the other keys and using a lighter weight keychain.
5. Park in the shade is one of the best Car Maintenance Tips
Along with taking care of the car’s exterior, it’s also important to take care of the interior of the car. UV rays and high heat can significantly damage the car’s interior. For example, prolonged exposure of these factors on the car’s upholstery can cause it to be discoloured, or if it’s leather, it can simply peel off and crumble.
So to make your car looking brand new, it’s vital to park your car in the shade. Car garages are ideal for this, but if you don’t have a garage, try putting car shades in the vehicle and park in the shade or under a tree.
6. Touch up any paint chip or scratches as soon as possible
Car paint does more than making your car look good; it is the first line of defence against rust. So if you have a scratch or chipped paint on your car’s body, be sure to have touchup paint on hand to cover those areas asap and avoid having rusted components.
7. Maintain proper tyre inflation
Driving under inflated tyres can create a lot of heat and stress and can lead to tyre failure over time. If you want to get maximum use out of your tyres, get yourself a trusty tyre pressure gauge. Use it once a week to check your tyre’s pressure and use it more frequently in hotter months. And only fill the tyre up to the recommended level mentioned in the owner’s manual for the best performance.
Follow the advice mentioned above and take your car maintenance regularly, and you will have a vehicle that will run for a long time without giving you any trouble.
Additional Information – HobartAutoRemoval
There are many trustworthy cars wreckers in Hobart that pay customers top cash for cars Hobart, such as Hobart Auto Removal. They are known to purchase all types of vehicles, including damaged cars, vehicles with missing parts, cars with body damage, and more.